Quadruple Chocolate Coconut Pecan Dessert Pancakes
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Hungry Jack® Complete Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix (Just Add Water)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder or Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Chocolate ice cream
- Smucker's® Sundae Syrup™ Chocolate Flavored Syrup
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Place pecans and coconut in thin layer in shallow pan. Bake 6 to 7 minutes or until coconut is lightly toasted.
- MELT butter in 2-quart saucepan. Add half-and-half and brown sugar. Whisk in egg yolks. Cook over medium heat about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture bubbles and thickens. Remove from heat. Reserve 1/4 cup toasted pecan and coconut mixture for topping. Add remaining pecan and coconut mixture and vanilla to saucepan, stirring until blended.
- COMBINE pancake mix, sugar and cocoa in medium bowl. Stir in water just until large lumps disappear. Stir in chocolate chips. Let stand 3 minutes.
- COAT griddle or large skillet with no-stick cooking spray. Heat griddle to 350°F or skillet over medium heat. Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto hot griddle to make 12 small pancakes. Cook 1 to 1 ½ minutes on each side or until done.
- ARRANGE 1 pancake on each of 4 serving plates. Top with 2 tablespoons coconut-pecan mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining pancakes. Place 1 scoop ice cream on top of each dessert. Drizzle with chocolate syrup. Sprinkle with remaining pecan and coconut mixture.