- Prep Time
- Cook Time
Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 cups Hungry Jack® Complete Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix (Just Add Water)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat 8 or 9-inch square pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE pancake mix, 1/3 cup sugar and chocolate chips in medium bowl. Add water, sour cream and vanilla. Blend well. Using an ice cream scoop, shape dough into sixteen 2-inch dough balls. Place in 4 rows of 4 each in prepared pan. Combine 1/4 cup sugar, walnuts and cinnamon in small bowl. Sprinkle over dough.
- BAKE 24 to 26 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm.
- To use Hungry Jack® Original Pancake & Waffle Mix (Add Milk, Oil & Eggs), replace 1/2 cup water with 2 large eggs and 2 tablespoons milk. Proceed as above.
- High Altitude: add 1/4 cup flour to dry pancake mix. Bake as directed above.
Serving Size (1/8 2 rolls), Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 620mg, Total Carbohydrate 47g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 19g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.