- Prep Time
- Cook Time
Cinnamon Apple Dumplings
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided, plus additional for garnish
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large cooking apples, peeled and sliced (about 6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups Hungry Jack® Complete Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix (Just Add Water)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream
- COMBINE water, 2/3 cup brown sugar, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg in large skillet with tight fitting lid. Add in apples and butter. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- COMBINE pancake mix, baking powder and remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl until blended. Add milk and oil, stirring until smooth.
- DROP by heaping teaspoonfuls to make 12 mounds over apple mixture in skillet. Cover and cook over medium-low heat, without removing lid, an additional 10 minutes or until dumplings are done in center. Let stand 5 minutes. Spoon apples, sauce and dumplings into serving bowls. Top with vanilla ice cream. Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 460 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 590mg, Total Carbohydrate 83g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 60g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 25%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.